I was honored to deliver the keynote presentation at this morning’s “Transitioning from ‘Social Media’ to ‘Mission Media’: Using Social Media for DoD Missions” event produced by Adobe Systems, Blue Beacon Consulting and Carahsoft. My presentation is below as well as posted SlideShare. The slides are, by design, sparse… I often say that PowerPoint should be revoked from DoD until they can learn to produce presentations with less text, so I practice what I preach. However, all of my talking points are detailed in the notes view, so you can easily walk yourself through it.
My presentation was followed by a terrific panel comprised of:
- Joe Boutte, Strategic Advisor, Strategies, New Media & Collaboration for TASC, Inc. who has done a great deal of work for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence;
- Dana Clark, Social Media Manager & Public Affairs Specialist for the Army Corps of Engineers
- Dan Wade, Social Media & New Technology Chief for Strategic Communication, U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
- Christopher Zember, Deputy Director of the Information Analysis Centers at OSD’s Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
- Rob Pinkerton, Senior Director of Enterprise Solutions for Adobe Systems Incorporated